me@thisdomain • Seattle, WA
Jackson Welsh is a cloud-native software engineer and Eagle Scout with excellent written and verbal communications specializing in solution engineering to meet and exceed customer requirements. Jackson's primary focus is in web development and is proficient in many modern technologies such as Vue.js and React. Jackson has experience in both new product development and maintenance of legacy applications.
- Intern on the EC2 Networking team.
- Developer of a tool to detect anomalies in internal network configurations.
- Lead developer of the new Geo4.Dev website in collaboration with partner organizations including The World Bank, CEGA, and others.
- Deploying serverless applications to Amazon Web Services using Docker and AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Developer for a new web mapping application to replace a legacy ArcGIS plugin for address management within local governments.
- Developer of a survey platform for the US Army Corps of Engineers, written in React with TypeScript.
- Online tutor using the Wyzant platform.
- Taught Python, SQL, and Java to students ranging from middle school to university levels.
- Ran every aspect of the tutoring business, from finding students to preparing curriculum.
- Volunteer at regional DI tournaments and team training events
- Appraiser at Instant Challenge, scoring teams on creative ability and teamwork
- Teaching teams of elementary and middle school students on how to communicate with each other and solve problems together