me@thisdomain // Seattle, WA
Jackson Welsh is a cloud-native software engineer and Eagle Scout with excellent written and verbal communications specializing in solution engineering to meet and exceed customer requirements. Jackson's primary focus is in web development and is proficient in many modern technologies such as Vue.js and React. Jackson has experience in both new product development and maintenance of legacy applications.
- Engineer at EC2 VPC, building a programmable layer for packet processing.
- Built an AI-based web scraper that uses natural language prompts to extract precise data from heterogenous websites.
- Built an internal components library and website creation workflow to bring new site creation time from ~4 hours down to ~10 minutes.
- Streamlined management of AWS accounts by enforcing consistent organization-level policies and migrating to temporary security credentials in a majority of our applications.
- Deployed serverless applications to Amazon Web Services using Docker and AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Developed a new web mapping application to replace a legacy ArcGIS plugin for address management within local governments.
- Built a novel spatial authentication system for the US Army Corps of Engineers, integrating with Login.gov and supporting PIV-based login.
- Developed a tool to detect anomalies in internal network configurations.
- Taught Python, SQL, and Java to students ranging from middle school to university levels.
- 4.0 GPA – graduated summa cum laude
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty (exp. 09/25)
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate (exp. 07/25)
- Volunteer at regional DI tournaments and team training events
- Appraiser at Instant Challenge, scoring teams on creative ability and teamwork
- Teaching teams of elementary and middle school students on how to communicate with each other and solve problems together