me@thisdomain • Denton, TX
Jackson Welsh is a cloud-native software engineer and Eagle Scout with excellent written and verbal communications specializing in solution engineering to meet and exceed customer requirements. Jackson's primary focus is in web development and is proficient in many modern technologies such as Vue.js and React. Jackson has experience in both new product development and maintenance of legacy applications.
- Improving internal processes and unblocking other engineers.
- Supporting various client projects.
- Lead developer of the new Geo4.Dev website in collaboration with partner organizations including The World Bank, CEGA, and others.
- Deployed serverless applications to Amazon Web Services using Docker and AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Developed a new web mapping application to replace a legacy ArcGIS plugin for address management within local governments.
- Developed a survey platform for the US Army Corps of Engineers, written in React with TypeScript.
- Intern on the EC2 Networking team developing a programmable layer for packet processing.
- Developed a tool to detect anomalies in internal network configurations.
- Online tutor using the Wyzant platform.
- Taught Python, SQL, and Java to students ranging from middle school to university levels.
- Ran every aspect of the tutoring business, from finding students to preparing curriculum.
- 4.0 GPA – recognized on the Dean's List and President's List
- Member of the Honors College
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty (exp. 09/25)
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate (exp. 07/25)
- Volunteer at regional DI tournaments and team training events
- Appraiser at Instant Challenge, scoring teams on creative ability and teamwork
- Teaching teams of elementary and middle school students on how to communicate with each other and solve problems together